Whether you’ve just moved into your first home or are looking to move your way up the property ladder adding value to your property is always something that you should be looking to do. By following this guide you’ll get an idea of what improvements you can add to your home to begin to increase value.
A new central heating system
As pointed out by Boilerbrain.co.uk An often-overlooked part of a home by a homeowner is the central heating system, with many older homes having very inefficient boilers that are very costly on their heating bills. Updating your homes central heating system to a modern more energy efficient boiler is a great way to start adding some value to your home. It’s always best to do research about what kind of boiler would fit your homes needs best before buying and installing however some trustworthy brands to look out for are Heatline boilers, Worcester Bosch, Vaillant boilers and Ideal boilers. To find out what other options you have and to view guides on choosing a new boiler, you can visit https://www.boilercentral.com/
Update your bathroom
A bathroom has become a staple of many people’s homes as a place where they go to relax and wind down with a calming bath as well as making sure they’re clean and ready to go for their busy day ahead. With most people wanting a modern bathroom look now it may be beneficial to rip out your whole suite and start again however if you don’t have either the time or money for this there are a few steps you can take to make your bathroom have that modern look and feel.
- Add new tiles – adding more modern tiles to your bathroom can really change how people view the room as a whole.
- Add a new shower – the inclusion of a more modern shower, such as a power shower, has been shown to add value to your home as no one wants a weak shower in their home.
- Add a waterproof speaker – gadgets always add a modern look to rooms, especially if they’re cutting edge smart gadgets. Waterproof speakers are a great and often cheap way to add a little bit of modern technology to your home.
- Add plants – adding plants to your bathroom can brighten up the room and give the whole room a more modern feel.
Add an en suite
If you are already in a home that has a modern bathroom, if you have the room, adding an en suite to the master bedroom is a great way to increase your home’s value. While it is a large investment adding a whole new bathroom to your home it’s been shown that it can add an estimated value of 5% to your home’s value, which on average is around £12,000 or maybe even more.
Update your interior
The interior of a home says a lot about the homeowner which is why most people looking to move into a new home are looking to move into an attractively styled and decorated home. Here are some easy ways to make your home look more attractive and modern:
- Update your colour schemes – repainting your home with neutral colours is a great way to make sure that your home will never be out of style and will always stay neutral to trends. Alternatively, if you are looking to sell straight away making sure your home is on trend could be a great way to encourage buyers. With emulsion paint costing at most £20 for a large tub it is a great and cheap way to add a bit of aesthetic and property value to your home.
- Add new flooring – updating the flooring in different rooms throughout your home can really change the feel for certain rooms. For example, updating the old laminate flooring in your living room can add a newer feeling to your living room and updating old carpets in your home’s bedrooms can add a newer more homely feel to these bedrooms.
- Add some accessories like new boiler deals and new decor – something as small as adding some new lampshades to your lamps or adding some new houseplants, even something as small as adding some new storage space can make your home look more attractive.
Clean up your garden
Every home needs an outdoor space and it is even better if you can make that outdoor space have some real appeal. Redesigning your whole garden may seem like a big task but it can be as simple as adding some new patio paving path over your lawn leading to a social area where seating and a BBQ can be placed. Making sure that your garden has fences that obscure the neighbour’s view for privacy is also important for people buying a new home. If you already have a garden that you get complimented on when you bring your friends over just make sure you stay on top of garden maintenance such as weeding, cutting your lawn and keeping those patios clean.
Replace your old doors
While something as little as doors may seem like you are being overly critical, the doors throughout your home and especially your front door will be seen by many people. Making sure you have a front door that is clean is a great start, things as small as adding a new handle or door knob and making sure your door is clean and has a new lick of paint is also a brilliant way to make a great first impression to buyers. The doors on the interior of your home matter as well so making sure they have got some paint on and are clean is vital. However if your door looks old and tatted it may be time to replace them, which can end up costing around £40-£60 per door in your house as well as labour costs however it is a worthwhile investment.
Following through this guide will give you a great idea of what you can do to your home to begin to add some to your property!
Homeinside is providing an opportunity to provide guest posts on its platform. If you have good writing skills or want to contribute on some good topics like Write for us Home Decor, Home Improvement, Home Renovation Ideas, House Designs Plans, Kitchen, Home Office, Remodeling, Bathroom, Plumbing, Interior Design, Architecture, Real Estate, Bedroom, Solar, Furniture, Maintenance, Walls, DIY, gardening then you are on the right side.
Home Improvement Blog Write for us