We tend to spend so much time in the house. These are places that we go to relax and unwind so it is really important to have it look great. There are plenty of ways of decorating your house to bringing out the natural feel. Here are some of the ways you can use to make your house look more natural. You can use marble for your floors or bring out the “cave-ish” feel by filling the floors, walls, and also the fireplace.
Stones can make amazing natural décor for your interiors. They come in different shapes, sizes and colors.
The flooring of Marble – Epitome of luxury
Marble is one of the natural decorative stones that are sophisticated and luxurious. They are known to improve our home décor by decoratively bringing out some natural aspects but these marble floors will also increase its value. Marble is beautiful and also very easy to clean. A range of exquisite designs of marble floors is available in the market. The marble floors are made by laying tiles differently to come up with different designs.
Depending on the design of marble you go for, you will be able to add some artistic sophistication to your living room, hallway, kitchen, or other rooms and with the availability of marbles of nearly all colors known, you will get something that works for you. Here are some examples of the marble floors you can go for.
There three major classifications that vary from stone to stone. Dolomite contains over 40% of magnesium carbonate. The Calcite marble contains less than 5% of magnesium carbonate while the Magnesium is made of 5%-40% magnesium carbonate.
Choosing the correct flooring for your home is not a walk in the park. The floors play an important role in the appearance of the overall room. You also need to pick a floor that can withstand a lot of friction especially in rooms with lots of traffic.
Besides the material, marble comes in a wide range of patterns and colors. Some examples that are great on floors are as follows:
- Breccia: This is a warmer and darker marble. It has some reds and deep browns
- Carrara: This is pure white with some vein patterns and can bring out a pristine look. It is one of the lightest floor marbles
- Calacatta: This is very similar to Carrara but, this one is bolder and its lines are more noticeable.
- Limestone: Limestone is a marble in itself. It is mostly beige or tan and suitable for places with high traffic such as the bathroom.
Natural Stone Fireplace – For a classy living room
Fireplaces offer a stylish twist to your home and adding some natural to it will make your living room look classy and sleek. A fancy fireplace can add a whole new dimension to the appearance of your living room. The beauty of natural stones is that that they can complement any décor.
There are plenty of stones that you can use to decorate your fireplace but the natural stone is a better preference as it is a good heat conductor. For the massive fireplace that goes all the way to the ceiling, ensure the house foundation is strong enough to support the weight of the stone type you choose. You only need to find one with the right shade that will complement your home interior décor. Some examples of natural stones that can enhance your home designs are:
- River rock
Need a natural cave house look?
For you to make your house have the sleek cave feel you need to ensure both your floors and floors are covered with natural stone, including the fireplace. This type of style is suitable for rustic homes. Combined with some modern accessories and stylish furniture, you can achieve a unique and modern cave. Natural stones transfer heat easily and play an important role in improving the room’s acoustics. To bring out the natural stone, choose furniture or other accessories made of it.
Tips you should consider when going for the natural stone option for your home design…
- Ensure your home has proper lighting so the natural stone texture can be fully enhanced.
- Flowers are a beautiful natural element that brightens the house. Add some.
- Pair the natural stones with fluffy sofas, rugs, and made to measure curtains of white color and other texture to just reduce the cold feel.
- You can also add brightly colored accessories so the natural stones can stand out.
- Choose a different type of stones to decorate your home and make it look dynamic.
- When adding stones to your wall, consider filling up half with stones and the other with wall hangings and paintings to make your home look dramatically great and spacious.